The Triple Crown Cachet
This is a five (5) day experience AMAANi Blue has created an encompassing travel, lifestyle, and cuisine tour. This experience showcases the best of South Africa from scenic views, high-end hospitality, fine cuisine, and the exclusive lifestyle.
The Blue Train offers unsurpassed luxury with a limited number of only 25 double tickets to host 50 guests in Cape Town. We have fused 5-Star elements to create the premium lifestyle experience for you, that is, a bucket list must-do. These elements include and are not limited to travel on the Blue Train, staying at the Pepper Club Hotel in the heart of Cape Town, attending the L’Ormarins Queen’s Plate (LQP) and many more…
This is a world‐class horse racing event that showcases South Africa’s best thoroughbred horses, jockeys and stables. Here is a well-written editorial in the International Race Horse Magazine illustrating so vividly, the journey that awaits you:
Exiting the Blue Train VIP lounge at the station, the ebullient blue and yellow cachet affixed on the nose of the coach jumps out at you. This badge has become synonymous the world over, with luxury, opulence and excellence… a fitting preamble to what awaits you. Porters ferry your luggage aboard, whilst butlers escort you to your luxurious suites.
5 Star Hospitality
The Blue Train
Thursday 3 January, 2019
The AMAANi Blue Train experience complements the LQP and sets the tone for an exclusive Blue Weekender.
- Welcome drinks hosted in the Blue Train Private VIP departure Lounge and Red Carpet send off in Pretoria
- Spend one (1) night in five star, en-suite luxury accommodation and enjoy breath-taking views of the countryside
- Unlimited local premium drinks on tap (including whisky, gin, beers, wines, spirits ciders, soft drinks etc.)
- Cordon Bleu five star signature dishes and the dress up affair in the Dining Lounge
- French champagne & unlimited snacks
- Hand-made Cuban cigars and Cognac in the Smoking Lounge
- 3 x VIP Chill-out & Party Lounges on the Train
- 24 hour Security
- A Blue Train commemorative gift bag for all Guests
- Round the clock personalized Butler service and unlimited room service
- Shopping opportunities and Wi-Fi
- Option to freight vehicles to Cape Town (separate arrangement)
3 Nights of Luxury
Pepper Club Hotel | Cape Town
Friday 4 January, 2019
Upon arrival in Cape Town, guests will be transferred to the luxurious, award-winning, Pepper Club Hotel in the heart of the Mother City.
Rest up in comfort and experience five-star opulence, cocooned in “innovative design, unparalleled luxury living, personalized amenities and unsurpassed service catering to your every need” in Cape Town’s cosmopolitan, central business district.
A candle-lit welcome dinner in Cape Town, hosted at The Grand Africa Café & Beach “where grand-chic meets retro-romance”.
The Grand Africa Café & Beach is a restaurant, bar and café set on the historic V&A Waterfront with access to a private beach.
Wooden decks, sand underfoot and the relaxing murmur of waves as you enjoy fresh seafood, sip on an exotic cocktail and take in Cape Town’s epic sunset as it disappears in the horizon… This is a truly idyllic welcome to the Mother City.
At The Races | The AMAANi Blue Lounge
Saturday 5 January, 2019
AMAANi Blue guests’ are hosted in The AMAANi Blue Lounge, a prime space that offers a front row and track-side view of all the races. A strict dress code of Blue and White, outfits are elegant with Ladies being encouraged to wear hats or fascinators. Gentlemen wear dress suits or blazers, slacks and Panama hats.
- Selected complimentary wines from Anthonij Rupert Wyne
- Al fresco buffet-style lunch served
- Canapés throughout the day (snacks, lunch, dessert and tea)
- Private betting facilities
- Bar facilities with designated waiter and hostess service
- Guest Goodie Bag
- After Party in The Style Lounge
- Lucky draws with various prizes to be won
- Entry into The Best Dressed competition
The Wine, Safari & Beach Day
Sunday 6th January 2019
Besides the LQP, there are a couple of other reasons to visit Cape Town… Wine, Surf, & Safari. As such, Day Four is dedicated to making sure you tick at least one of the following activities off your bucket list.
| Wine Estate Tour |
Take a day trip to a prestigious wine estate in the Stellenbosch region, an area synonymous with some of the best vintages Africa has to offer. Less than 2 hours from Cape Town, this tour will include:
- Walking through the scenic vineyards set against a humbling mountain backdrop and getting hands-on knowledge of the wine-making process
- Wine Pairing exercise where the sommeliers will teach you how to pair specific wines with certain foods/meals
- Purchase select vintages direct from the estate.
| Safari Game Drive |
Africa is home to some of the most diverse wildlife in the world, with the Big 5 (Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Rhino and ) being popular attractions with tourists. Cape Town is home to a number of private game reserves, which are perfect for short game drives and day safaris.
Gear up with sun screen, cameras and outdoor wear as you go out for a day of ‘bhundu bashing’ at an exclusive game reserve. Activities on the day will include:
- A game drive through the reserve with expert guides, who will take you to the heart of the action for some adrenalin-pumping experiences with the Big 5
- Close encounters where you will be able to feed/pet some of the wildlife
- Enjoy a delicious meal prepared on the reserve by their resident chef.
| Sun & Surf |
The activity-packed weekend will undoubtedly take it’s toll on you and for those who choose to, take a welcome rest and lay in. Cape Town is also renowned for it’s great weather and clean beaches. Camps Bay is the closest and most popular beach, with it’s soft white sand, award-winning restaurants and Table Mountain casting a stark figure to the east.
Take a short trip to Camps Bay and spend a lazy day on the beach, soaking up the sun or taking a rejuvenating swim in the ocean.
Monday 7th January 2019 |
The Check Out
Check out and head to the airport for the return flight to Johannesburg.